Choptank Transport, a top 3PL, provides only the most reliable, professional, invested sales people to ensure you receive personal service. You will have a dedicated personal account manager to handle all your logistics needs, including all the headaches! We believe in supply chain visibility, which is why your account manager will work with a team of logistics coordinators who will be monitoring your shipments at all times.
Choptank has earned its reputation as an award-winning company. Isn’t it time to start working with one of the best?
In addition, Choptank carries a Broker Surety Bond of $250,000, proving in today’s financial market that we are here now, and will be for a long time.
- 2016, 2015 & 2014 ‘The Washington Post’ Top Workplaces
- 2015, 2014 & 2013 Top 100 3PLs & Cold Storage Providers – Food Logistics Magazine
- 2015 Top 50 3PLs – Transport Topics
- 2012 Business of the Year Maryland Chamber of Commerce (50-200 employee category)
- 2011 Best Broker of the Year
- 2011 Exceptional 53-Gazette of Politics & Business
- 2010 Feeding America Logistics Partner of the Year
- 2010 Exceptional 53 #14-Gazette of Politics & Business
- 2009 Maryland Family Owned Business of the Year
- 2008 Maryland Small Business of the Year recipient of the Maryland Chamber of Commerce’s Business of the Year 2012 (in the 51-200 employee category)
Advantages of using A 3-PL
The primary reasons to use a 3-PL or transportation broker are: People, Knowledge, Technology and Capacity. Brokers provide an efficient distribution of transportation services by matching the needs of shippers with the capabilities and capacities of carriers.
- A broker often can locate transportation when a shipper cannot, assisting a company experiencing a season surge.
- A broker can optimize freight expenditures, resulting in a reduction of transportation costs.
- Supplemental services offered such as claims handling, may allow the shipper to improve control over the transportation function without adding new employees.
- Some brokers offer information systems to monitor transportation performance.
- Because the broker optimizes loads and modes, those concerned with sustainability will recognize a greener transportation landscape.
- Because brokerage is scalable, the prudent shipper can be lean in an uncertain economy, with the ability to grow quickly as the market recovers.
- Experienced freight brokers have the expertise to maintain compliance with local rules and regulations in a global environment.
- Freight brokers are licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, a process that requires them to post a $10,000 performance bond. Choptank Transport carries a $250,000 performance bond.
- In addition to insurance coverage, a trade group called Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA), is dedicated to maintaining a quality standard for freight brokers and forwarders.
- Some freight brokers offer warehousing, handle claims, manage inbound transportation, including vendor compliance, and the use of consolidation and truckloads with stop off features.
- The peace of mind that comes with letting experienced professionals handle your logistics is worth a boat load! (or should we say truckload!)