Choptank Transport, Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website. This policy outlines our personal information handling practices for both online and offline data. If you give us personal information, we will treat it according to this policy.
Collection of Your Personal Information
When Choptank Transport, Inc. collects any personal information on our corporate website, we will express our need for the personal data at the point of collection. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, occupation, and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. Some of the reasons we collect your personal information include:
- Participation in discussion groups
- Collaboration efforts
- Registration to membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- Provide registered users a more personalized and meaningful experience on the Choptank Transport, Inc. website
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way your personal information is used without your consent. Some of the ways we may use your personal information include:
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with shipping and billing information.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on the Choptank Transport, Inc..com or affiliate websites. Personal information may be collected to administer those programs.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. Choptank Transport, Inc. does not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address.
- To meet contract obligations.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping the personal information you have shared with us accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Subscriptions to some newsletters can be managed through this website. In addition, each email newsletter includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
You may also unsubscribe from Choptank Transport, Inc.’s various newsletters by sending a letter, including your name, email address and the title of the marketing material you wish to unsubscribe from to:
Choptank Transport, Inc. Unsubscribe/Privacy Marketing Department PO Box 99 Preston, MD 21655 Non-personal information collection
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Sharing Your Personal Information
In some instances, Choptank Transport, Inc. may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the ChoptankTransport.com website.
We may share your personal information within Choptank Transport, Inc. or any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your personal information with authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company. We only provide third-party agents with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete the requested service or transaction.
We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third party for any other reason.
We may customize websites or newsletters for certain users based on the information they previously provided or that was collected through ChoptankTransport.com websites in order to enhance the overall web experience
Security of Your Personal Information
Choptank Transport, Inc. is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. We utilize a combination of security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
When we transfer sensitive personal data (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Choptank Transport, Inc. will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Our websites may provide links to other third-party websites, which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites.
Choptank Transport, Inc. newsgroups and forums are public. Please consider this before posting material to them.
Choptank Transport, Inc. does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Choptank Transport, Inc. encourages parents and guardians to go online with their children. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
- Teach children never to give personal information (such as name, address, phone number, school, etc.) unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult.
- Know the sites your children are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
- Please visit the FTC’s website for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online.